The internet has become a necessity for almost everyone today, so it’s no wonder that many choose to subscribe to the internet at home. Each router has a maximum limit of connected devices, so you need to know how to see the WIFI users connected to the router.
Regularly monitoring users who are using a WIFI network is very important. Because you can easily find out which users are illegally using your WIFI access. With that you can immediately change the home WIFI password, which other people may already know.
The benefits that you can get if you regularly check your router device as follows.
- Make your home internet speed more stable.
- Keep the internet quota from running out quickly.
- Prevent data theft through sniffing.
- Save on electricity costs.
After knowing the advantages you can, as I explained earlier, especially for the security of your data. And here’s how to find out which users are connected to the router.
How to See WIFI Users Connected to the Router
Before viewing connected users, make sure you know the username and password for the router. If you don’t know, you can check by looking at the router body. Usually there is username and password information along with IP Gateway, or you can ask directly to the customer service provider.
1. Check Gateway IP Through Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt (CMD). By clicking Start, then typing ‘CMD’ and pressing Enter on the keyboard.
- In CMD type ‘ipconfig / all’. Then you will see the IP that you are using. And the IP looks like this.
2. Enter the router to see connected devices
- Buka browser, bisa pakai Mozilla atau Google Chrome.
- In the address bar, type the IP Gateway that you got from the router directly or from CMD.
- If it is successfully connected, you will see the router login page and please enter the router username and password. Here I am using the TP Link WR840N router.
- On the menu click DHCP then select DHCP Cliens List.
- You will see a list of clients connected to your WIFI network. Please pay attention whether it is suitable or not with the device you are currently using.
Read too : How to Change Image Size in Photoshop
If you see a suspicious IP and device, change your router password immediately. To prevent losses in the future.
Changing the WIFI Router Password
- On the router menu, click Wireless → Wireless Security.
- Then click on WPA / WPA2 – Personal (Recommended), and the Wireless Password section. Please enter a new password to change the WIFI password.
- And click Save to save the settings.
Automatically, devices previously connected to WIFI will be disconnected, please enter the new WIFI password that you created.
How to Prevent WIFI from Being Used by Others
As the saying goes, it is better to prevent than to cure, yes, of course this adage is very true. We recommend that you take precautions so that your WIFI is not used carelessly by other people. Which can result in slowing your internet, also the risk of data theft by irresponsible people. And here’s how to prevent this.
- Routinely change WIFI passwords, and use passwords that are difficult to guess.
- Monitor the device that is currently connected to WIFI.
- Divide WIFI bandwidth. If your router supports this feature, please take advantage.
- Block the IP Address that you suspect, so that the device cannot reconnect.
The final word
And that’s how to see WIFI users connected to the router, hopefully this will be useful. Don’t forget to take precautions to minimize losses in the future. That’s all from me, thank you.